Duties of the Secretary (Society Manager)
- Serve as the office liaison with affiliate societies.
- Report election results to Council and the annual business meeting.
- File an annual summary with the Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada.
- Preserve all documents of the Society except those assigned to other officers or committees.
- Carry out general secretarial duties including keeping of committee lists, bringing appropriate documents to
- meetings and correspondence.
- Record the minutes of Council meetings and the annual business meeting and distribute the minutes to Council
- members within one month of the meeting.
- Provide committee chairs with a list of their committee members and any necessary papers and instructions.
- Carry on correspondence for the Society.
- Serve as the office liaison with ASABE office.
- Report to Council and the Annual Business Meeting on election results.
- Receive reports from all committee chairs.
- Publish the PNL only, no written contributions expected.
- Pay Society expenses.
- Arrange for preparation of auditors report for AGM.
- Receive all By-law changes but not responsible for making the changes.
- Publish and supply in quantity the Awards Booklet to the AGM.
- Publish the CBEJ (Canadian Biosystems Engineering Journal) when finalized by the Editor
- Deliver the CBEJ and invoice the authors for page charges
- Serve as Secretary-Treasurer for the CSBE/SCGAB Foundation
So that is it! I am going fishing.