Within the context of its Economic Security programmes, the ICRC supports farming and agro-pastoralist communities around the world by providing material inputs for food production, technical support and coaching, to improve their livelihoods.
A key focus in its work lies in the identification of needs faced by rural communities who have become victims of armed conflict, the planning and development of sustainable responses aiming at strengthening their resilience, and monitoring the impact of these programmes.
- prepared to accept unaccompanied postings for the first two missions (minimum 12 months each)
- excellent command of English; French an asset
- university Degree or equivalent in agricultural engineering, a masters in a field relevant to tropical agriculture (both plant or animal production) would be an asset
- minimum 3 years field experience in the context of agricultural rehabilitation or development programmes, working with farming or agro-pastoral communities
- driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles)
- fully conversant with IT tools
- willingness to live for extended periods under difficult field conditions
- good communication and negotiation skills
- able and willing to work as part of a team
What we offer
- an opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- generous social benefits
Visit the icrc.org website to apply