If so, please consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs to manage a team of highly motivated, multidisciplinary team of professionals and specialists responsible for delivering engineering and environmental solutions for the agriculture and food sectors.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide strategic engineering leadership, guidance and coaching to on-site staff as well as staff in regional offices
• oversee the design, development and implementation of engineering programs and services pertaining to agricultural, food and environmental management as well as the transfer of new technologies to stakeholders
• play a lead role in the coordination and implementation of the ministry's environmental priorities (e.g., soil health, Great Lakes water quality, climate change), and determine the key areas of engineering and environmental expertise to address priorities and regulatory mandates
• develop and promote best practices and resources for the agricultural and food industry to support environmental stewardship, economic development and protection and assurance of the agri-food sector
• develop and nurture relationships with industry stakeholders, ministry partners, municipalities and other government partners
• provide expert advice and guidance to senior management
• oversee the team's financial and human resources activities
Salary Range: $88,908 - $124,206 per year
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region
For full position details and to apply online by Tuesday, March 27, 2018, please visit www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 121098. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.