Why should you join the Canadian Society for Bioengineering?
- To solidify your professional status. Whether you attend meetings, present technical papers or serve on a committee, you will get professional recognition that you won’t find elsewhere.
- To contribute to your profession. With your participation you will influence the future of engineering for agricultural, food and biological systems. CSBE/SCGAB and ASABE represent your professional interests.
- To meet with others. Membership provides networking opportunities and allows you to develop professional relationships with peers who share the same interests, or with possible employers, or employees.
- To attend professional development workshops.
- To provide you with access to a global network. More than 2000 new technical papers, articles, standards and books are added to the information base each year.
- To give you access to professional development opportunities. The CSBE/SCGAB and ASABE are committed to the continuing professional development of their members.
- To help young engineers get a solid start in the engineering profession.
What is included in your membership?
- Triple membership for one low fee. Membership in CSBE/SCGAB plus membership in the US counterpart ASABE and the world body CIGR.
- Canadian Biosystems Engineering, the technical Journal of the CSBE/SCGAB, publishes both English and French articles. It is an electronic journal with more than 40 articles per year covering a wide range of engineering subjects.
Members have password access with pdf download (for ASABE Technical Librairy only).
- Perspectives Newsletter, the CSBE/SCGAB bilingual newsletter, published quarterly, reports on people, regional events, meetings, awards and opinions.
Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World, the ASABE periodic magazine, with reports on technologies affecting engineering for agricultural, food and biological production systems.
- Inside ASABE, the ASABE newsletter within Resource Magazine.
- CIGR electronic journal. Electronic access to articles from around the world.
- An up to date web site at www.csbe-scgab.ca for the latest in society and members activities, online community, employment links, articles and contacts.
- Social media to learn about most recent member activities.
Other members benefits
- Technical Expertise Database. Search for members throughout the world who share a technical expertise you are looking for. Ask ASABE staff to help you finding who share your interests.
- Career center. CSBE/SCGAB host a career opportunities page while ASABE host an advance recruiting site.
- Technical Committees. ASABE offers more than 180 technical committees to complement your technical interest.
- Discounts on conference and meeting registration, workshops and publications.
- Awards for regular members and students, Scholarships and Recognition.
- CSBE/SCGAB and ASABE Member Roster. Annual listing of your colleague by name, geographic area and employer as well as contacts for technical committees and local sections. Also available online.
- Group Insurance Plans (Canadian and U.S. members only).
- Avis and Hertz car rental discount.
Annual dues to be a member of CSBE/SCGAB and ASABE are levied on a calendar year basis and are in Canadian Dollars.
- $228 for ages 34 and under
- $292 for ages 35 to 64
- $129 for ages 65 to 74
- $17 for ages 75+
- Members Emeritus*
- $83 for ages 65 to 74
- $17 for ages 75+
- $39 for students
- $59 for graduate students
- $131 for student transfer under age 34
- $147 for student transfer ages 35 to 64
There is $13 fee for first time members or former members who have let their membership lapse.
*Member Emeritus (CSBE only) is defined as aged 65+ who is retired. They must apply to or be invited by CSBE
The following applications should not be used to pay your dues if you are currently a member. To renew your membership, please log into the members section of ASABE website.
Please use the following applications to apply for membership online. Payment is by credit card only.
Please download one of the following applications in PDF format and mail your application form along with payment to the addresse below.
- CSBE-SCGAB/ASABE Application (includes Graduate Students) - Canadian residents
- CSBE-SCGAB/ASABE Application (includes Graduate Students) - Non-Canadian residents
- CSBE-SCGAB Undergraduate Student/Preprofessional Application
For more membership information:
Department of Biosystems Engineering
E2-376 EITC Bldg, 75A Chancellor Circle
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 5V6
Phone: 1 (780) 487-2648