|July 12-15, 2012|
The 2012 Annual General Meeting and Technical Conference will be held in conjunction with the summer meeting of NABEC (Northeast Agricultural and Biological Engineering Conference- a community of ASABE). The location will be the new campus of Lakehead University at Orillia, Ontario.
Located an hour north of Toronto, this area between Lake Simcoe and Georgian Bay, has long been one of Ontario's premier outdoor playgrounds. Here you will find:
- The longest freshwater beach in the world.
- Some of the best year-round fishing in the province.
- World-renowned golf courses.
- The beautiful scenery captured by the artists of the Group of Seven.
- Canadian author Stephen Leacock's home.
- The 380 km Trent Severn Waterway with its 45 locks is now used for pleasure craft.
- The antique wooden boats at the Muskoka Boat and Heritage Centre.
- The Holland Marsh a 20,000 acre polder growing seasonal vegetables for the Toronto market.
More details, on paper submission deadlines and hotel early booking information will be provided on our website and in the December Perspectives newsletter.
Come join us in Orillia. We look forward to hosting you in 2012!
|Best Western Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre
400 Memorial Avenue, Orillia, ON L3V 6K8
|Main Building, Orillia Campus
NABEC includes ASABE members from the Northeast United States & the Canadian Provinces from Ontario East.