This year's ASABE/CSBE North Central Inter-Sectional Conference will be held in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on Oc-tober 7 - 9, 2010, hosted by the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (former Agricultural and Biore-source Engineering Department and Chemical Engineering Department), College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan. The North Central Section is composed of CSBE and ASABE members in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Technical papers and presentations of research results are solicited on the following areas:
1) Agricultural Systems – agricultural machinery, farm power and electrification, agricultural structures
2) Natural Resources – soil and water, irrigation and drainage, environmental engineering
3) Bioprocessing – food and bioprocess engineering, processing of biological materials
4) ASABE Quarter Scale Tractor Student Design - presentations and papers on design elements, testing, analysis, or innovations. A 1/4 scale tractor pull competition will be arranged.
5) Others – biomedical engineering, engineering education and extension in agriculture, international agricultural engineering extension, etc.